What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is actually a mild bleaching process
that restores stained
or discolored teeth to a healthy, natural
color. Don't be misled by unproven and ineffective
over-the-counter whitening solutions. Our office uses
an advanced procedure that is only available from
What Causes Tooth Discoloration?
Teeth become discolored for different reasons:
- Frequently drinking coffee, tea, or colas.
- Some antibiotics may darken developing teeth in children.
- Aging - The dentin underneath the enamel of a tooth gradually darkens with age.
- Use of tobacco products.
- Accidents - If a tooth has been traumatized, sometimes the nerve will gradually "die," and the tooth becomes dark.
- After Root Canal Therapy,
a tooth will generally darken.
Is Whitening Safe?
Whitening is very safe. We use a product that has been proven safe when used under the direction of a dentist.
Is Whitening For Me?
Dr. Hood will evaluate your teeth and smile to determine whether whitening is right for you. In some cases a different cosmetic procedure may better meet your expectations, but whitening is a safe, fast and easy process that is effective for almost everyone!
We Give You Choices!
You can choose in-office light-activated whitening for immediate results, or you can choose at-home whitening.
What is In-Office Whitening?
For in-office whitening, we utilize the advanced Zoom! light-activated process.